Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"Hands"

I don't always stop to think about the sacrifice it is for our kids to be here.  Not only are they missing the comforts and familiarities from home, but the value and importance in friendship.  As I tucked my oldest in bed last night he shared with me about his excitement in starting school.  He told me how excited he was to make friends.  It has been a harder transition for the boys as we are working at an all girls home.  I realize the impact having a friend here has been for me.  It has been a breath of fresh air.  Someone to share similar interests, someone to laugh and act crazy with.
I stood in the street, whispered a silent prayer, and waved goodbye until the bus was out of sight.  It was hard for me to let go and send them off.  Another test of my faith, entrusting our kids into the hands who gave them to me in the first place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment