Friday, May 22, 2015

I hate moving.  I have been singing this little tune just like Oscar would belt out from his 1975 trash can "I hate Christmas" ( only who on earth would say such a thing, thought this 7 year old girl) This was one of my most fond memories when I was a kid.  My brother and I would blow the dust off the vinyl and anxiously wait through the static cracking for the cast of Sesame Street to officially welcome christmas in the house. What was even cooler was the album cover that opened like a book and had scenes of all the characters.  And every christmas we are together, my older brother and I still find each other on the couch with the worn out album on our laps while we hum along to the tunes from days long gone.  Now our kids get to experience it.  
I think I have had the same item in my hands at least ten times today because I just can't figure out what box to put it in.  I know its not rocket science, but I am tired so anything that requires any thought is difficult to compute. I thought after a late night of packing and moving things into the girls apartment I would have the chance to catch some extra sleep.  I was mistaken.  Between dogs barking,  kids barging in looking for parts of their uniform, one girl needing a towel, one telling me there is a mouse in the pantry... I could care less if there was a lion in the kitchen at 6am in the  morning.   I thought by now maybe I would have a better system in play.  But the laundry keeps piling, I have no more gas so that means no dryer and no warm shower tonight...great!
And I spent the better half of the day rewashing all my dishes and wiping down food items due to the nice treats the mouse left.  All that to say, I have mixed feelings about moving.  Maybe because Jalapa has felt like a second home to us since 2009.  Maybe because it's change again and this creature of habit likes things a certain way.  Whatever it is exactly, we know that God is continuing His call and we follow His leading wherever that may be. Now back to packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment