Monday, February 27, 2012

just a little thought

I started another post but wanted to share just a little thought from yesterday.  Last night Matt and I drove out to Casa Hogar to deliver brand new cooking pots for the kitchen.  As we were driving home our truck broke down on the dirt road leading out of Los Pinos.  It was dark and I didn't feel overly safe.   We tried and tried to get it started and it just wasn't firing up.  We got out and tried pushing it to kick start the engine and even that wasn't working.  Just a little back ground information; I am currently reading "Believing God", by Beth Moore and she challenges the reader not to just believe in God but to actually believe God.  The book refers to our prayer life and by living out a life of prayer, we can expect answers. Matthew: 17, 20, ..."Jesus told them, For if you had faith even as tiny as a mustard seed you could say to a mountain, Move! and it would go far away.  Nothing would be impossible."
Our mountains can take on all sorts of shapes and sizes.  Whether, it's a struggle with an addiction, a stronghold, a conflict in a relationship, an illness, or even a broken down truck on a dirt road, we can pray believing God can move anything we ask in His name.
  I kept thinking if I push a little harder, maybe I can do this. Wrong! I threw my hands up and asked God for help.  God sent someone, who was biking home from work at 8pm after a long day working in the fields.  As we were pushing the truck down the road together I chuckled and was reminded of our fundraising presentations.  We talked about how God uses people to help and walk along side others.  That, we as christians are that answer to helping this hurting world.  God showed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment