Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Planning for the Unknown

Today has been a shift in gears with trying to find someone to rent our house.  Thanks to sites like Kijiji this has made the advertising very easy however the flood of people responding is a bit overwhelming.  Mandy says it feels like we are exposing ourselves, which is pretty much true.  That reminds me that I need to clean up the underwear off the floor and quickly hide all the small messes around the house!!

Aside from renting our house we are starting our mailing campaign for support this week.  We couldn't have timed it any better in the midst of a postal strike.  Going through these stresses has forced us to become more faithful in God.  In all honesty I am not worried, but I do feel stretched.

Preparing for a year without a salary and no real defined work day is a challenge.  Today when I was reading the bible I came across this verse in Luke 18:29,30
 "'Truly I tell you,' Jesus said to them, 'no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal life'"

Reading passages like this gives me confidence in what we are called to do.  I don't personally think God is going to bestow material riches by committing to a work term in Guatemala (not that it is impossible), but I believe that he will make us rich in relationship, which is far greater in value.

This time of preparation is like swallowing horse pills as you humble yourself to being exposed to everyone about your home, finances, and spiritual walk.  Regardless getting through this time is what builds character as we surge forward towards Guatemala.

In the meantime, if you are looking for a house to rent you can find it on Kijiji here and you could help us check off one more unknown off our list.

No comments:

Post a Comment