Saturday, June 18, 2011

Home Sweet Home

It's a remarkable thing, really.  Stepping off an airplane and within twenty minutes driving our own vehicle down the highway.  I'm sure the novelty wears off for those who do this on a weekly basis, but I am amazed at the miracle of flight!  I gained a more in depth appreciation after visiting the "Wright Brothers" museum in Kitty Hawk this past spring.  With all that said, we are safely home from Texas.

We surprised the kids and picked them up from school on Friday.  I was reminded of how much they love and adore their dad.  Max nearly took him to the ground when he saw Matt.  I loved the collective chatter as we drove home with the kids.  We have jumped quickly back into the swing of things.... soccer games, playdates, work and yes.....weeding the garden.

Speaking of dads, I am married to the most amazing father and husband.  I thank God daily for the best friend I could EVER have.  Wishing you a restful father's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment