Friday, November 4, 2016

Reset

"Don't trip at the finish line"...he says. Now he's speaking my language. Being a long distance runner, I know full well that the last leg of the race is by far the toughest. It's in the last few km I just want to give up, stop, quit. This past week has been by far the toughest week while Matt has been away. I wanted to give up, quit and stop on a few occasions. The subtle whispers of 'why are you here, you will never make a difference'. The green eye monster that envies someone else's life style and the struggles go on and on. And I press in closer to His Word and have felt more of His love than ever before. I had the most intense dream the other night. I was being crucified. And I woke up hardly able to breathe. It was so crazy real to me all I could feel was a weight on me. I realized that the Lord is ever so near in times of pain and struggle. The enemy may try to trip us up but we have Christ's power in us. It was a beautiful reminder that my sin is crucified on the cross and that I am covered in Jesus' redemptive blood.
As much as these last two months at times have felt lonely, my prayer was to grow deeper with God. To love Him more than my marriage and children. I have experienced the most intimate times with God and in that have grown closer to my husband. Seventy five days have passed since I saw my children last and sixty five since I have seen my husband. And all the while people would make remarks of 'I don't know how you do it'. The truth is I didn't want to nor could I alone. When we re-set our lives for Him and focus on what is in front of us and do the very best with what we have, anything is possible. Now hurry up and come home FAMILY!!!!!!!




2 comments:

  1. Keep on going Mandy!! You inspire me!! I enjoy reading about the things you and your family are doing!! Your post reminded me of a song "keep making me" I could not post a link to the song so instead here are some of the lyrics:

    Make me lonely
    So I can be Yours
    'Til I want no one
    More than You, Lord
    'Cause in the darkness
    I know You will hold me
    Make me lonely

    You are never alone! But I hope your family returns soon because I know you miss them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Terri for your kinds words. It encourages me to know that people are praying for us and following along our journey and even reading my blog! wow! I will have a listen to the song:) We are leading a team next May if you ever feel like you want to come:) you are welcome to join!

    ReplyDelete