Saturday, May 31, 2014

lost and found

You call me out upon the waters.......where the waters are deep, dark and unknown.  I gaze down at my reflection and see your face precious Jesus.  I see your arm outstretched toward me, wanting for me to reach out to grab your hold.  This past week I grabbed tighter than ever to my Saviours hand as I looked into the eyes of the enemy and seen darkness in a soul.  An emptiness that was so vast and haunting.
Matt and I made national news in Guatemala last week over the story of a young "Canadian" woman who was attacked and almost lynched in a nearby mountainous village.  Knowing we are Canadian, we were called into the police station to act as a support for this terrified girl.   Trying to decipher if the behaviour we saw was post traumatic stress or mental illness, we stood and silently prayed before agreeing to take this girl home for the night.   A police officer was to be stationed in our house for the following 24 hours for protection for this girl.   It was very apparent soon after we returned home that something was not adding up and the story was changing... quickly.  I was starting to feel like the protection was needed for my family. As she walked around my house, muttering words and chants, I followed not too far behind praying for God to fill every part of our home and protect us.  I don't know who the police officer thought was more crazy. I sat in the garage to talk and wasn't getting very far.  I asked what she was running from.  It was in that moment I stared into the darkest eyes, an emptiness I have never seen.  Matt started doing a little of his own investigation as we clearly were confused with the information given.  In a matter of four hours, we discovered this was not a Canadian but a missing person report had been filed from Oregon last August. A troubled young girl who had a series of encounters with police in various states.   Caught and shrieking in panic she was held in our front gate area which made for a make shift jail.  I prayed for her. I prayed that that only God would set her free. That she may have been lost but there is a chance to be found in Christ.  Last saturday  I stood confidently and fearlessly in my kitchen and told the enemy there was no room in our house, in our mission, in our lives for him.  And  in that moment I felt the most beautiful presence of my Saviour.  I knew He had a hold of my hand.  He is bringing my faith to new levels.  As the water may seem too deep, too dark and unknown, I know to keep looking up to his arms.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that Mandy. Hugs to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. So encouraging. So powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing in on our journey and your constant prayers. Ironically I have thought of both of you ladies this past week and the challenges you have and are facing. Prayers for your families!

    ReplyDelete