Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Calm Waters

They say distance makes the heart grow fonder.....

                           I have experienced a love like no other.. 

                                             a love that reaches deeper into my soul with each passing day.  


For me, I don't need  distance to make me fall more in love with Him.   

      And then God revealed something of great significance.  

                He is waiting... patiently...wanting more of me than I could ever want from Him.

    The God of the universe is waiting for me to come before Him and give my time.  


I woke up this morning and hit the floor... feelings of fear and confusion overwhelmed me.  I poured out my heart to God and asked Him to forgive me for not always giving Him my first attention, time and thoughts. Yesterdays' events were a stark reminder of the corruption and evil in this world.  As I was joyfully welcoming my husbands return from Texas, in that same moment just 100 meters from our home, lives were lost and hearts were shattered.  

Do you ever wake up and think today could be your last day? 

        I did today. 

              How would you live your life differently?  

God has reminded me that the things of this world will never satisfy, always change and are merely things. 

 Stuff clutters our homes, minds and lifestyles that aren't always kingdom building.  We put so much energy and focus on stuff. 

Realizing this  short time we have on earth and the eternity that awaits, makes me strive to live more and more for Christ. 

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.  

                       He is my constant through the storms of life. 

      
         When the boat feels like it is sinking, He says be still.  

                      
                      He calms the storm and says, "trust me"

                   
                    We are not called to live in fear but to trust.  

      
       And everyday I can walk with confidence and peace that God has us in the grip of His hand.




No comments:

Post a Comment