Sunday, December 1, 2013

Prost!

I just love when my family gathers for a celebration.  It is a busy household with all 17 of us.  There is a sense of excitement in the air as the door opens and in spills another sibling with their family.   The kitchen smells of fresh baked delights and the aroma of coffee brewed.  Inevitably, a glass gets raised and we toast to the celebration or individual we gather for.
Celebrating birthdays has always been a big deal to me.  I am usually the last one to bed the eve before the special day, decorating and finishing off any last minute preparations.  We just celebrated our very first birthday in Guatemala this past week.  And since he insisted on it not being a big deal, I thought I would give him the only gift I can.  My words.
If you have met my husband, you wouldn't be surprised when I tell you he is the most generous person I know.  He has taught me much on  patience,kindness, respect and grace.  He has seen things in me, and pushed me out of my safety on so many occasions.  When I have failed, he has been there to extend a hand and help me up, not only to his level but held me high.  If you have met my husband, you know his contagious laugh a mile away.  His candid humour has always made family gatherings interesting.  He challenges me to take a closer look at what being a Christ follower is.  He is the best partner in life,  most amazing father to our growing crew  of children and loyal friend!  So raise your glass with me and Prost!  Happy 35th birthday Matt!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment