Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spiritual Roadblock








Have you ever faced one?  Do you ever feel like there is a wall between you and God and no matter how hard you try, nothing seems to break it?  I've been struggling the last few days with this feeling.  It's a dangerous place to be, because it gives the enemy some playing ground.  I haven't subjected myself to listening to God much these days.  I guess in some ways I'm afraid to, because He may require more of me than I can give. I am afraid of what He may ask of me next.  Yet despite it all, in so many ways God has been showing up and I am reminded I am not alone.

 I was stopped by the police a couple weeks ago on my way back into town from the mountain.  I expectedly pulled out my license and felt sure it would merely be a quick stop.  I never thought about the insurance papers for the truck.  I opened the glove box and frantically searched for a tiny piece of paper that never appeared.  My heart beat  quickened and I felt a little panicked.  I soon realized Matt had the papers stuffed in his wallet.  After making a quick phone call, I was told to wait.  During the attempted conversation with the police that started out a wee bit threatening, I knew God was with me. The tone lightened a lot and in the end there wasn't even a ticket.  As I drove away from that road block that day, I  thanked the Lord for the police finding favour with me and that He was protecting me.  Too often I think that God isn't listening or there when things don't go right.  I get trapped into thinking just about myself. If I think beyond myself and trust that God has perfect timing and knows best, I can be used for His kingdom.  I am continually learning to look for the positives in every day and have a thankful heart.  God is still working even when I don't understand or see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment